Pageviews last month

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Birdie Onesie outfit!



I started noticing that my 6 month old daughter Claire is running out of clothes and will not have anything to wear for the summer. So I have started looking for ways to minimize the cost of buying a new wardrobe which every girl needs! I got this idea off of another craft blog and thought it was a fabulous use of $2.00! All you have to do is purchase a onsie. (I got mine at Walmart) Then select two different materials. You only need 4-5 inches of one and 3 inches of the other, and some thick interfacing to give the bird texture. You sew the two fabrics together, next do a baste stitch to do a gather, then pin it around the onsie unsinching or sinching as needed! Then sew the piece onto the onesie upside down. Last on the skirt part, is to hem it! That easy! The bird was very easy. I just free handed a bird on the fabric and interfacing, sewed it on and then sewed the wing on top. I have heard of a fray block called "fray check" that I will spray on the bird to prevent fraying. I love this outfit and will be posting when I make a bow to match! It will be perfect for a hot day on my little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment