Pageviews last month

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stuffed Pumpkin



I think 2 months is not long enough to have all of the fun Halloween and Fall Decor up! So this year I decided to start decorating early! This stuffed pumpkin was a project I did a couple of years ago, and was at a store in Layton called "Rod Work" and saw similar wire hollow pumpkins 3 different sizes for $20.00 (as in the one at the left..that is the largest of the set of 3) so I decided to share in the case that others will want to do this festive project! All it takes is green floral foam (not sure of the name), your choice of leaves, flowers, and greenery, and 3 or 4 balls of your choice! I think the total cost estimated about $24.00 for the one on the right when all said an done. (The balls were most expensive). But I DID get the floral stems during a sale. I have seen these hollow pumpkins just as simple as having a candle in the middle and the store was charging $40.00 whoppin dollars....so I would imagine something like this would be at least $60.00. The one on the left for a customer order ended up costing $31.00 in materials (couldn't find anything on sale) But both are full and Bursting to welcome in the Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment