Pageviews last month

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Pillow Case! A 4 minute project for 4 minute attention span!



I LOVE having a little girl and EVERYTHING that goes with her! But I realized the other day, that I rarely make something with my sewing machine for my boy Alex! Don't hesitate to let your child work the machine!
So, I have been racking my brain! Feel free to give suggestions! but so far, on my list was a pillow case, and a boy apron. Anytime I have the mixer out in the kitchen or he sees me using a measuring cup, he pulls the kitchen chair over to help! So I figure that will be my next project for him! This pillowcase took about 4 minutes...just the perfect amount of time with his 4 year old attention span! I place the folded right sides together fabric and placed it on his pillow form. Next I pinned where I would need to cut. He had a great time pinning the excess fabric to the couch! :) Then, I took him into my sewing room and had him sit on my lap while I pushed the pedal, he surged away! He thinks my surger that appeared the day of my birthday is my own personal ship I made. All that is needed with the folded material is to surge the bottom and one side. You will want to leave the top open, but will want to surge around the top before folding it down 3 inches to create a rim to the pillow case. That's it!!! He is so proud of the pillow HE made!

No comments:

Post a Comment