Pageviews last month

Monday, May 30, 2011

Sundress with or without sun!!!



Sorry....I have been behind on posting. Those of you who won my last drawing....I haven't forgot.....just living in slow motion....and feel like my time and energy slips away before I get to the post office! I have been better about sewing and doing crafts, rather than posting everything in my down time....and all mother's know, after "they" go to bed...it is a race against the pregnant tiredness clock!
So...I have decided to "pretend" Salt Lake City Utah is having gorgeous sunny weather ;). Here is my latest. I am not the best at spelling out my tutorials....but this was just a rectangle of fabric...gathered and sewn onto the top. The top is basically 3 rectangular tubes. One that wrapped around the waist...and the other two pinned to act as straps! ( I pinned them so they would gather at the point of connection) Applique's were made with old shirts (cheaper than buying fabric), fray block, and thread sewn around them for decoration. (Oh, and a button). If you think this was a big project....it was SOOOOOO easy! With a serger...probably a 45 min. dress....well, the applique stitching was the most time consuming...so that added another 30 min. to the dress as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment