Pageviews last month

Monday, August 16, 2010

Crafting TIME!!!







I saw a book made into a clock in a magazine (Country Living...one of my favorite). I decided to add my own "vintage" touch to it! I am not done, but thought for those of you out there that wanted to get shopping at D.I. for that perfect book, here is step one! I got mine for a whoppin $1.00! All you need to do is go to a craft store and get a "Clock kit". Get out your husband's drill. I decided to get scrapbooking brads and cut the fastener part off so I could buy 50 of them for $2.99 to make 4 clock books. The "Clock Kit" was about $7.50. Total was roughly $10.00. The magazine suggests to cut out the middle of the book to be able to close it, but I decided that I want it to sit propped open...so for less time and for the sake of having time to pick up a good book to read...I left it as is. Two functions!!! I am ALL about multi purpose uses of items! You can also simplify and use less brads for a more simple look! This is perfect for a fun project that results in a cute vintage clock and book to read with some "leisure time"!

No comments:

Post a Comment